Friday, 8 January 2016

Sugar!

It's been a week since my last post (New Years Resolution) and I'm happy to report that so far, everything has been going pretty well. My husband and I decided that we'd both give up soft drink and it has been 6 days so far... And I haven't missed it!

We discussed that we'd change one thing in our diet at a time. Focus on one thing for a week (or a little longer if needed) and then add another change to the mix. Because I cut out soft drink I started to think carefully about what other types of drinks I'm drinking. So in the process of giving up soft drink I've also cut down to one sugar (sometimes none) from two sugars in my tea/coffee. Next week I want to drop down to no added sugar in my hot beverages. Also, I've been drinking a lot more water... And craving it.

I know this all seems pretty simple... And we'll it is. But I have gone down this bad path for quite some time and I knew it wouldn't be an easy journey to get back on track. So I'm starting with little changes with the aim of getting healthy inside and out, and in turn, becoming the best version of me.

So next week I'm going to cut out added sugar in my hot drinks as well as avoid eating fast food. By setting these smaller goals, I feel like I'm more likely to succeed and stick to it. So wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment